Apple has introduced its fastest-ever professional Macs, introducing re-vamped versions of the Mac Pro and Xserve.
Available immediately, the new Mac Pro's offer eight processor cores and a new system architecture that the company claims offers "up to twice the performance of its predecessor". The new professional desktop Macs use two of Intel's brand-new 45-nanometer Quad-Core Xeon processors running at up to 3.2GHz.
These new Macs also offer much-improved graphics and up to 4TB of internal storage for creative professionals, with listed price starting at just £1,749 (including VAT).
The standard 8-core Mac Pro costs $2,799 and features:
* two 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors with dual-independent 1,600MHz front side buses;
* 2GB of 800MHz DDR2 ECC fully-buffered DIMM memory, expandable up to 32GB;
* ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory;
* 320GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive running at 7,200rpm;
* 16X SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD+/-R DL/DVD+/-RW/CD-RW);
* two PCI Express 2.0 slots and two PCI Express slots;
* Bluetooth 2.0+EDR; Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.