There is no iPad 3, it is called "the iPad" during its unveiling on Wednesday in San Francisco. On March 16, 2012 this new iPad will be available in 10 countries (see below list) at $499. The information was confirmed by Phil Schiller, Apple’s SVP of worldwide marketing.
- Hong Kong,
- Singapore and,
New 3rd-generation iPad specifications:
- 9.7″ Retina Display, 2048×1536 pixel resolution @ 264ppi powered by an A5X quad-core graphics chip
- 5MP autofocus rear iSight camera
- A new “hybrid IR filter” for more advanced optics, along with autofocus, white balance and face detection capabilities
- 1080p full HD video recording with a built-in stabilizer and temporal noise reduction
- 4G LTE 73Mbps
- HSPA+ 21Mbps, DC-HSDPA 42Mbps
- Personal WiFi Hotspot (if the carrier supports that feature.)
- iOS 5.1
- 9.4mm wide and weighs 1.5lbs (slightly heavier than iPad 2).
For the Battery, it lasts nine hours running on 4G LTE and 10 hours running on Wi-Fi.
These prices are of the same costing from iPad2.
iPad WiFi Prices (not including their carrier costs):
16GB – $499
32GB – $599
64GB – $699
iPad 4G LTE Prices (not including their carrier costs):
16GB – $629
32GB – $729
64GB – $829
This new iPad comes in Black and White color.
On the Side note, Apple announced that the production of the iPad 2 will continue which dropped its pricing at $399 with Wi-Fi-only connectivity.