Why "Best of Both Worlds"? Well, aside from its available colours of Black and White, BlackBerry® Q10 smartphone is the first to feature a classic BlackBerry QWERTY physical Keyboard and Touchscreen display. This new BlackBerry Q10 smartphone is available in the Philippines on June 7, 2013 with starting price of PHP 31,990 under it's first carrier in the country, Globe Telecommunications Inc.
|PHOTO [Left - Right] : Daniel Do, BB Senior Carrier Sales Manager, Mark Monta, Founder of Cebu Bloggers Society and Kristian Salvo, BlackBerry Senior Business Manager|
Largest ever on a BlackBerry QWERTY smartphone, BlackBerry Q10 offers great highlights like Sharper camera pixels, Lighter in weight with Glass case wave cover, tighter and stronger stainless steel chassis for great keyboard protection. There are built in Social Media applications like Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin and so with the very famous Skype for calls.
The re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform offers you a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience that continuously adapts to your needs. Every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep you moving forward towards your goal, and includes advancements such as:
• The ever present BlackBerry® Hub, which brings all your conversations together in one easy to manage place that you can access at any time from any app with a simple “peek”, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you.
• BlackBerry® Balance™ technology, which elegantly separates and secures work applications and data from personal content, protecting what’s important to you and the business you work for.
• BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), which lets you share things with the people that matter to you in an instant. BBM on BlackBerry 10 smartphones includes voice calling and video chat, and lets you share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 smartphone contact.
• BlackBerry® Remember, which helps you tackle tasks quickly with a new way to collect, organize and action all the information sitting in different places across your smartphone.
Highlights of BlackBerry 10.1
BlackBerry Hub manages all of your conversations
BlackBerry Hub helps you stay organized, in control and on top of all of your conversations, and with BlackBerry 10.1, it just keeps getting better. You can now view emails that are attached to another email, get contact suggestions when you start addressing a message, and send PIN to PIN messages for direct communication between BlackBerry smartphones.
Personalize your Notifications
BlackBerry 10.1 allows you to set up personalized notifications for your contacts and accounts. Customize ringtones and vibrations for calls or message from each of your friends, family or colleagues. You can also set up a different notification for different accounts (such as for different email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Click to call
You can now click on a phone number in an email or BBM message to call the number or copy and paste it right onto the dialer screen in the phone app.
Better cursor control
BlackBerry 10.1 offers better cursor control making it easier to accurately place the cursor and select text. Just tap once to bring up the cursor control, grab the blue circle and drag it around to the insertion point that you want. Improved visual feedback lets you know where you’re pointing. You can also tap either side of the circle to move forward or backward one character at a time.
Improved picture capturing
BlackBerry 10.1 adds an HDR (high dynamic range) shooting mode for taking beautiful images in tricky lighting conditions. High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode takes multiple pictures at different exposure levels and layers them automatically to produce a single photo that combines the best of the dark and light areas. It also includes improved red eye and golden eye reduction in the picture editor.
More to discover with BlackBerry 10.1
You’ll find a number of new enhancements across the BlackBerry 10 OS like landscape support for the calendar, easier international dialing and so much more. The first step to discovering these new features on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is to update your BlackBerry 10 software.
Updating is easy
Updating to BlackBerry 10.1 is free and easy to do. To update your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone to BlackBerry 10.1 look for the alert in the notifications section of the BlackBerry Hub. You can also check for software updates through the software updates section in the Settings menu or through the BlackBerry Link desktop software. The download will happen in the background and the update will be applied without needing to back up your smartphone. All of your information remains safe. For more information on how to update your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, visit www.BlackBerry.com/update.
Remote Folder Access
• Allows the user to view and/or download content (music, videos, pictures and documents) from their workstation to the BlackBerry 10 device
• Works over LAN and WAN transports
• Based on BlackBerry ID (same ID on device and workstation)
• The user can also copy files from the device (or even to a Cloud source like DropBox) and save them onto the workstation
• Requires a BlackBerry 10 device running OS 10.1 and BlackBerry Link v1.1 installed on the workstation
• Works with multiple devices and workstations, as long as the user has signed in with the same BlackBerry ID
Skype for BlackBerry
Skype app for BlackBerry runs on the new BlackBerry 10.1 OS. For more information on the Skype app for BlackBerry, please visit http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26382880/?countrycode=CA and our Inside BlackBerry Blog at http://blck.by/Y01jPn. The Skype blog has more feature information for this app: http://wp.me/p2q6gy-dEa.